Monday, July 09, 2007

15 Months Old!

Well, one more month has passed in Jack's world! He turned 15 months old yesterday - and what a busy day it was! We went to church yesterday morning and then to a lunch/baby shower for the Williford Family. Jack had lots of fun playing with his friends and their toys - especially Caleb and Luke's lawnmower - the louder, the better!

I took Jack to his 15 month checkup this morning and everything looks great! He weighed in at 24 lbs, 3 oz (50%) and was 31.75 inches tall (75%). Dr. Raine is really pleased with his progress and Jack just loves to visit Dr. Raine. He just giggles and grins at him - that is till they bring out the shots. Jack's sleeping off the shot shock now thanks to a good lunch and some Tylenol.

Also, on Thursday night we came to the end of a very special phase of our mother/child relationship. Jack nursed for the very last time. It's just weird to me that I nursed him EVERY DAY of his life till then and I'm not doing it anymore. The transition really hasn't been bad though. I'd been cutting out a feeding every week for the past month or so. Jack and I were both ready to wean I guess. I wasn't too keen on nursing a newborn and a toddler at the same time come January either! So, my little baby is even more of a big boy and I've got a few months of "freedom" before the new little munchkin makes an appearance!

No comments: