Friday, June 08, 2007

14 Months Old!

Well, Little Man is 14 months old today. I haven't been too active with my posts lately due to the fact that I can barely make it off the couch and Jack's been very needy lately. Poor guy is cutting his 1-year molars right now and is having a terrible time of it. It seems like the worst of it is over but the past week he's been miserable. He had a high fever for a few days and has definitely been losing sleep because of the pain(we all have). Jack's been on a constant regimen of motrin, orajel, and teething tablets just to get some relief and he's taken to grabbing me and screaming in my ear just to be sure I know it hurts. The past couple of nights he's slept all the way through til at least 6 so hopefully things are looking up.

The past couple of weeks Jack's become increasingly busy. He rarely sits still and is just into everything. He loves to explore the house and play outside in the yard. Yaya taught him how to drum on things with wooden spoons so that's become one of his favorite activities of late. Too bad he tried to drum on Daddy's face a couple of days ago - Dad was none too happy about that. Jack's 14-month-day was spent playing and running errands. He gifted me with something I haven't had the pleasure of in a loooong time - a 2-hour nap!! Needless to say, I took full advantage and had myself a little siesta along with him (definitely needed while I'm building Bean #2).

Jack, you are such a joy and I just love being your mom. Everyday is a new adventure with you and I love seeing your eyes light up when you learn or accomplish something new. I love to hear your sweet voice and can't wait to be able to understand what all those little babbles mean. I can't believe what a big boy you're becoming and I know you'll make a wonderful big brother. I love you so much Big Guy! Love, Mama

No comments: