Friday, October 14, 2011

Birth Blessings

One of the things that helps me during labor (or any trial of life) is praying scripture.  I am amazed at the peace it gives me and it truly strengthens me during difficult times.  I thought I'd share my "Birth Scriptures" with y'all.  I plan on printing these out on cardstock and laminating them so I can read them or have them read to me during my labor.  If you've got any that you could add to my list let me know!


Know that the LORD is God.  It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Psalm 100:3

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

John 16:21

The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40: 28b-41

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4:13

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

Psalm 34:8

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalm 32:7

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:39

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28

The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 14:27

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

James 1:17

1 comment:

Liesel Rios said...

Um...how about "and it came to pass..." Always good to know there's an end in sight. :)Blessings to you as walk through birth once again. May it be a satisfying, positive experience.