Thursday, April 10, 2008

2 years old!!!

WOAH! Time has flown! It's so hard to believe that it's been two years since my life changed forever and I became Jack's mommy. Two years ago, I had a brand new baby boy that I was so in love with. Then, I couldn't possibly imagine having more love in my life than I did at that very moment. But, my love for my son has grown immeasurably since then. My heart swells when I think about him.

On Jack's birthday(this past Tuesday) we went to his 2 year check-up with Dr. Raine. Jack is the picture of health. He's 29 lbs and 3 feet, 1/2 inch tall. According to Dr. Raine, he estimates Jack's adult height to be 6'1"! He's going to dwarf me and Jason! After his doctor's appointment, we went to the store to pick up some cupcakes (or pat-t-cakes as Jack calls them) and headed to Dallas to have lunch with Daddy. We had some yummy pizza, since that's Jack's favorite and then Munchkin chowed down on his cupcake icing - after blowing out his candles of course (with a little help from Daddy). Unfortunately, we didn't get pics of this since I left the camera in the car. Grr.

Jack's such a precious little man who's discovering something new every day. He loves to look out the window at the birds in the yard or at trucks passing by the house. Jack often busies himself by taking kitchen gadgets out of the drawer to figure out how they work - usually they're used for banging on something.

Jack loves to play with balls and read books. He loves to play basketball. His favorite books are The Little Red Hen (with Sesame Street characters), Goodnight Moon, Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You?, The Napping House, and Where the Wild Things Are.
Jack loves, LOVES Elmo... and Thomas... and Curious George.

Jack loves to talk and so he talks. A LOT. Oftentimes I can't understand what he's saying or I'll have to take a moment to remember just what the particular sound he's just made actually means. Jason finds himself turning to me for translation on a regular basis.

Jack's developing manners. He says thank you, excuse me when he burps or pretends to burp, bless you when he or anyone else sneezes or coughs, and is really working on his table manners as well (he always puts his napkin in his lap and attempts to use cutlery most of the time).

Jack loves to talk(or pretend to talk) on the phone. He often gets out his phone and pretends to call Papa (Pappaw, Jason's dad), Noney (Jason's grandmother, Honey), and Memmy (Jason's sister, Emmy). He always makes sure to say "Hi!" and "Bye, bye!" He's even figured out that mommy flips her cell phone closed when she's done talking and tries to do that too.

Jack is so sweet to his baby sister. He loves to give Caroline hugs and kisses. The other day we were in the car and Caroline woke up and started crying, quite loudly. After a few minutes I hear Jack saying "baby, baby" and Caroline's crying had stopped. I turned around to find my sweet Little Man holding his baby sister's hand and talking to her. He had calmed her down and gotten her to stop crying! So sweet!

Jackie, Mommy and Daddy love you so much. We are so blessed to have you in our lives. Two years ago you made us a family and we are so thankful for that. We praise God for you every day and can't imagine our lives without you. We love you so much Munchkin.

Love, Mama and Daddy
Climbing......getting ready......WHEEEE! SO FUN!

No comments: